ABWA Crescent City Connections Express Network has provided over $15,000 in SBMEF awards (includes the scholarship and 1-year student membership to ABWA) since 2017 (we’ve chartered in 2014). Here is a record of past recipients:
Brenna D’Aunoy – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
Madison Holmes – Impact Scholarship Recipient, $1000
Madison Hannan – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
Explanation of our SBMEF Scholarship Awards:
The 2019 recipients each will receive $2000 + 1-year student membership to CCCEN. Here are this year’s recipients.
- Paris Price – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
- Jennifer Heard – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
- Marcela Hincapie – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
- Tia Carter – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
- The Impact Scholarship program provides a league with the opportunity to customize a scholarship within the fund’s program parameters.
- Each Impact Scholarship funded by the league must have a minimum of three qualified applicants that have completed the online application process.
- Applications for an Impact Scholarship are reviewed by the Trustees and voted upon whereby the SBMEF Administrator notifies the President (or Scholarship Chair) by email the name of the scholarship’s recipient.
Participation Guidelines for a Sponsoring League. To sponsor an impact scholarship, the league must:
- Be in good standing (liability insurance premium paid, and the league’s officers/committee chairs are current with their national and local dues).
- Fund the scholarship by making a contribution of $1,000 plus $100 for each Impact Scholarship funded. In addition, the league must purchase a gift membership.
Procedures for sponsoring leagues:
- The sponsoring league must complete the Impact Scholarship form in addition to defining their eligibility criteria for each Impact Scholarship funded
- A minimum of three qualified applicants required for each Impact Scholarship funded.
- Present the Impact Scholarship check to the scholarship recipient in a timely manner.
Keep up with the latest news, information and receive our newsletters straight to your inbox.