For our local scholarships, the first step is confirm your eligibility by sending an email to ABWAcccscholarship@gmail.com. You will need to include the following in your email:
- A copy of your state issued ID or driver’s license.
- Your most recent unofficial transcript.
- If your transcript is not from the school that you will be attending in the Fall, a copy of your acceptance letter.
Once we have confirmed your eligibility, we will send you an email with your log in information for our national website. You will upload all additional requirements to that website. If you have questions along the way, email ABWAcccscholarship@gmail.com.
Additional information on our local scholarships can be found by clicking on the link below.
Our national organization also offers national scholarships through the Stephen Bufton Memorial Education Fund. For additional information, visit Stephen Bufton Memorial Education Fund.
Past Recipients of the ABWA Crescent City Connections Express Network Scholarships
ABWA Crescent City Connections Express Network has provided over $15,000 in SBMEF awards (includes the scholarship and 1-year student membership to ABWA) since 2017 (we’ve chartered in 2014). Here is a record of past recipients:
Madison Holmes – Impact Scholarship Recipient, $1000
Madison Hannan – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
Brenna D’Aunoy – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
2019: Scholarships sponsored by Microsoft Corporation
Paris Price – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
Jennifer Heard – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
Marcela Hincapie – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
Tia Carter – Outright Grant Recipient, $2000
2020: Scholarships sponsored by Microsoft Corporation
Grace Traina – Impact Scholarship Recipient, $2000
Katherine Corcoran – Impact Scholarship Recipient, $2000
Natalie Bousegard – Impact Scholarship Recipient, $1000
- The Impact Scholarship program provides a league with the opportunity to customize a scholarship within the fund’s program parameters.
- Each Impact Scholarship funded by the league must have a minimum of three qualified applicants that have completed the online application process.
- Applications for an Impact Scholarship are reviewed by the Trustees of the Stephen Bufton Memorial Education Fund. The Trustees vote on and select winners. The SBMEF Administrator will notify the President (or Scholarship Chair) by email the name of the scholarship’s recipient.
Participation Guidelines for a Sponsoring League. To sponsor an impact scholarship, the league must:
- Be in good standing (liability insurance premium paid, and the league’s officers/committee chairs are current with their national and local dues).
- Fund the scholarship by making a contribution of $1,000 plus $100 for each Impact Scholarship funded. In addition, the league must purchase a gift membership.
Procedures for sponsoring leagues:
- The sponsoring league must complete the Impact Scholarship form in addition to defining their eligibility criteria for each Impact Scholarship funded
- A minimum of three qualified applicants required for each Impact Scholarship funded.
- Present the Impact Scholarship check to the scholarship recipient in a timely manner.
Keep up with the latest news, information and receive our newsletters straight to your inbox.