ABWA Crescent City Connections Express Network is a community of like-minded professionals from Greater New Orleans and the surrounding areas, meeting monthly to share their successes, challenges, resources, and products and services in a welcoming and supportive environment. Our monthly meetings include networking and speakers who are experts in topics essential to professional growth, plus activities to promote connection and just plain fun. There are many ways to get involved through networking events, committee involvement, board positions and special events. ABWA CCCEN involvement will enable you to grow your business and build relationships.
How to Join
LOCAL & NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP PROCESS: $35 Local Dues & $115 National Dues = $150 Total ABWA CCCEN DUES
Your annual dues includes your local $35 and national $115 dues, payable on your joining anniversary date. We must receive both dues along with your completed application in order to consider your membership with CCCEN complete and active.
- Click here to fill out our online application and complete the payment process. You will receive a confirmation email once your membership has been successfully processed.
Questions? Please contact V.P. of Membership, Becky Kostik-Livaudais firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recognition as a National Member of ABWA
- Identification as a supporter of the professional development of women
- National recognition opportunities through “Top Ten Business Women of ABWA,” and “Woman of the Year”
- Participation in ABWA’s Continuing Education Program. Access to valuable online courses through the ABWA learning portal, My Apex Campus, as well as, at the district and national conferences
- Member early bird discounts for CCCEN luncheons and networking events
- Opportunity to participate in our monthly Business Showcase, where 3 – 5 members are chosen at random to showcase their companies via an exhibitor’s booth and marketing spotlights in our digital media
- Educational opportunities through ABWA, the University of Kansas MBA Essentials and Management Certificate Series
- Discounted pricing for merchandise on the ABWA online store
- Listed in the local ABWA Community
- Opportunity to showcase upcoming business events on ABWA online CCCEN events calendar
- Access to women of like minds with endless potential
- Quarterly Express Network Newsletter
- Opportunity to post resume on ABWA’s Career Connection Board
- Opportunity to be part of the Partner & Promote Program
- Discounted registration fees for ABWA’s Nationally Sponsored Events
- Subscription to ABWA’s award-winning magazine, Women In Business
- Discounts on business products and services including $1,500 in Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance in states eligible to participate
Click here to visit ABWA National
ABWA CCCEN has a member community and directory on the website, providing members the opportunity to get to network with other members, connect directly and develop relationships.
Committee and Board Involvement
There are many opportunities to get involved with ABWA CCCEN. Serving as a committee chair or co-chair—or contributing time and skills as a committee member—is an excellent way to gain experience in leadership and building effective teams. ABWA Crescent City Connections offers opportunities for any member to contribute in an area of interest to them. In addition to furthering their own professional growth, committee members help enrich the experience for all who attend ABWA Crescent City Connections meetings and events. For details about each committee, please click here.
As a member you recieve member only discounts on our monthly luncheons, special events and socials.
Every year, we like to recognize our members for a job well done and those who go above and beyond.
- Woman of the Year – Providing recognition for our members is an important part of ABWA’s Mission. It also provides us with an opportunity to celebrate the success of our most influential and revered members.
- ABWA Top Ten Recognition – Each Year, ten ABWA members are recognized nationally for exceptional achievements in their ABWA groups, professions, and community, by being selected as a Top Ten Business Woman of ABWA. The Top Ten Business Women of ABWA serve as important role models for ABWA’s membership.
- The Protégé Award – recognizes members who completed one year of membership, are starting their second year, and have achieved the minimum award criteria.
- Hand of Friendship Inner Circle Recognition – Special recognition and exclusive awards are earned by ABWA members who have shown their active desire to see ABWA grow.
ABWA is committed to creating accessible, affordable and innovative learning opportunities that will prepare you to respond to the challenges or opportunities you experience at any given moment in your career. As a National member, you can choose from a diverse collection of online courses in ABWA’s Apex Campus available 24/7. We welcome learners of all ages, educational backgrounds and career paths who are motivated to chart their learning journey. Click here to visit My Apex Campus and click Here to download the Apex Flyer and see what courses are available today.
ABWA members have funded academic and professional scholarships for women since 1953 through the Stephen Bufton Memorial Scholarship Fund. To learn more about this year’s scholarships, click here.
ABWA has negotiated with companies that will offer ABWA members exclusive discounts on products and services you can use for both personal and professional use. Your savings will add value to your Association experience. You may find that these discounts go far beyond saving you the cost of your ABWA membership! And check back often – we regularly develop new programs. Click here to find current discounts and programs available.
Membership in ABWA Crescent City Connections Express Network is a rewarding and fulfilling experience. Members in good standing are allowed to vote, participate in committees, run for executive office, and get a discount on monthly networking events.
Q. How much is ABWA Membership?
A. A National ABWA Membership is $115 and a Local ABWA Crescent City Connections Express Network is $35. Total Cost $150 (must be a member of National ABWA to join Local).
Q. Must I own a business to join?
A. No, ABWA membership is available to anyone (businesswomen, entrepreneurs, stay-at-home moms, retires, etc).
Q. May I join at anytime during the year?
A. Yes, you may join ABWA at any time throughout the year. Your anniversary date and renewal date will be the same.
JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Keep up with the latest news, information and receive our newsletters straight to your inbox.