Student Intern Needed – February 1st 2019 – May 15th 2019
The American Business Women’s Association is a national professional organization that focuses on recognition, education and empowerment. ABWA provides formal continuing education opportunities and credits in business management, public speaking, and marketing to name few.
Future CEO or Business Owner? We can Help! ABWA, American Business Women Association, local chapter in New Orleans is looking to develop and mentor future female leaders. One determined student will be selected for ‘Business Mentee’ for Spring’s 2019. Intern will experience the unique opportunity to be mentored by successful ABWA board to learn about operations, strategic planning, finance, human resources, and more. Intern will work heavily with VP of Marketing and PR.
Preferably a Junior or Senior College student studying business or Graduate Student. Looking for serious individuals that want to network and be developed by Greater New Orleans top leaders and business owners.
Applications accepted until January 31st!
- Marketing & Social Media Intern
- Helping ABWA cultivate a robust social media presence.
- Scheduling regular posts on the following platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn. Designing Excel Spreadsheet with timeline & topics
- Managing/promoting online event information for ABWA’s monthly events
- Sourcing articles and media coverage about women in business issues
- Helping ABWA plan and manage events for their monthly luncheons, monthly events & Equal Pay Day 2019
- Sourcing/compiling potential sponsors/donors
- Assisting with other event logistics
- Marketing & promotion of events
- Working toward a Bachelor’s degree at Tulane
- Able to commit 2-3 weekly hours to development and implementation for duration of internship
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong desire to assist a local and national women’s organization
- Ability to communicate and work in a professional manner
- Free ABWA Student Membership
- ABWA Board Mentorship Program
- Monthly Luncheons paid for
- Recommendation Letters (if applicable)
Send your CV or resume to: email@example.com
Note: This is an unpaid internship experience. Students will gain experience in professional development and working with a community organization.